3.14.2011

#42 sporting an outie belly button

last week, my stomach started getting big. it looks like i have a little watermelon under my shirt, whereas a few weeks ago it looked like i was wearing unflattering clothes after a huge lunch every day. i actually prefer this watermelon look, but i was not excited to notice that my belly button has started to protrude. it's gross, really. if it gets worse, i intend to tape that sucker down. 

i tried to take a picture of it, but that just didn't work out. too close up, i guess. you'll all be happy to know that i was attempting that picture at my cubicle though. shirt up, camera propped on my belly. it's a shame no one walked by.

i also tried googling "outie belly button." i do not recommend doing that.

so instead, here's a picture of a fennec fox that i stole from the interweb. 
he's as cute as a button. and exponentially cuter than a belly button.

7 comments:

  1. You are hilarious, Emily! Thanks for including us in this pregnancy adventure of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fennec fox is an excellent alternative to your actual outie belly button... thank you very much:)... so glad you're hurdling this physical milestone with such grace...why don't you just temporarily name the protuberance?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should name it Fennec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone told me they were like 8 months pregnant, sneezed, and their belly button popped out. I have been terrified of becoming an outtie ever since. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little known fact: I have an innie/outie bellie button. It doesn't know what it is, but it is proud. Next time you are in my awesome state, ask me and I'll show you.
    PS Please post more about the little one in your belly. I'm in love with her already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DEFINITELY sneezed and my belly button popped out. Slightly traumatic. The good news is that I'm back to an innie. There's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fox is adorable... and I'm sure your belly button is too considering what it is sporting inside :-)

    ReplyDelete